Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/9/2013

who should i contact for attic fan replacement?

Leaking around attic fan

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


IF you mean water leaking in through a roof vent, then a roofer.

If water leaking around a ventilation fan mounted in an end wall, then you either need a rain deflector built over it (like a tiny sloping porch roof) which can be done by a roofer or a handyman or a carpenter, or better a deflector louvre over it - HVAC contractor.

If you mean an air leak around the housing causing the fan to work inefficiently, then if you can get to it use gap-filler spray foam in a can, or compressible foam weatherstripping.

In any of the above cases, unless the fan has given up the ghost, sounds like a sealing job, not a fan replacement is what is needed.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy