Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/18/2017

who replaces buklheads in port arthur texas

About 30 ft. long, some of it is gone and washing out the fill under the concrete. I have sheets of plywood in there. temporarily.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Angies List does not have a category for Docks and Marine structures any more - but you are looking for a Marine Construction specialty general contractor.

Bear in mind, you are almost certainly going to need a Planning and Zoning review of the new wall plans - and quite likely a permit from the Corps of Engineers because this is certainly going to fall into their Waterways and/or Wetlands jurisdiction.

Be prepared to present proof (construction records, dated air photo, etc) if this is old, because it may be grandfathered and not need as much permitting. Also, if you replace it in-place with the same kind of structure or a "green design" like riprap or a sloping revetment it is generally a lot easier to get permitted than if you try to move it towards the water or make it bigger or less "green".

Almost certainly going to need a Erosion and Sediment Control and SPCC (Spill Containment and Control Plan) before workk can start - most larger construction companies in the waterfront work business have stock ones in hand they can easily modify to suit your situation.

Otherwise, a Civil Engineering firm (not an Angies List category) whjich routinely does dock and seawall work in your area can do the design and assist with permitting. Google or check around at local marine dealers and such for who in your area does this, then cross-check their company name on AL to see if they have reviews in some other category.

And of course, if you want this to last, maybe it needs to go deeper or have its toe protected by riprap or such so it does not get undermined again if the failure is due to undermining rather than just old age deterioration.

While some marine construction firms will get the permits for you, stay on top of the requirements because if they fail to the agencies will come after YOU, as well as them.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD



This is Chris in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated providers, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 3 years ago by Member Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy